Genesis panels quickly and easily fit into almost any ceiling grid system. Our lay-in ceiling panels are available in the same sizes as fiber-based ceiling tiles, 2′ x 2′ and 2’x 4′. If you are using the standard grid size for 2′ x 2′ or 2′ x 4′ tiles, Genesis will easily install into the existing system. There are some grids that use a “stab and connect” system that may cause the corners of the tile to sit higher than the rest of the tile.
To cut Genesis panels, mark and score the face of the tile with utility knife and snap tile at cut. A circular saw or table saw can also be used in cutting multiple tiles at once and a RotoZip or hole saw for odd sizes shapes and circular holes – like sprinkler heads or can lights. You may also use a metal angle ruler to score and then snap the tile.
To clean Genesis panels, a mild soap and water solution works well, as do most household cleaners. Just spray the cleaner onto a clean rag and wipe. Power washing Genesis panels is also an option, but avoid placing the spray nozzle tip too close to panel in order to prevent damage to tile face. The tiles are unaffected by most corrosive chemicals, but you should avoid using acidic cleaners. Do not use abrasive cleansers to scrub.
To prevent the tiles from moving due to significant updrafts, we offer optional hold-down clips that may be used for drafty areas or uneven grid systems.
ACP, LLC is not responsible or liable for any labor costs or damaged product incurred as a result of improper installation. All product defects are covered under our 5-year limited warranty.
Due to manufacturing variations, we cannot guarantee an exact color match from lot to lot. Prior to installing Genesis ceiling panels on your ceiling, please unpackage & lay out all purchased product to ensure color consistency. If you encounter unreasonable color variation, please give us a call at 1-800-434-3750 (7am-4:30pm CST, M-F) so that we may assist you with your project.
Installation Tips for Genesis® Recycled Ceiling Tiles
Install tiles into the ceiling grid with the pre-stressed arch facing upward. Tiles will relax into a flat position. Genesis Recycled Tiles can be installed in front of an existing tile to reduce installation time.
- Use a table saw or circular saw with a fine-tooth, paneling or finish blade to achieve the cleanest cut.
- When cutting the tile, place the back of the tile toward the saw to prevent scratching to the room-facing side of the tile, as shown below.
Genesis Revealed Edge Trim Installation
If your ceiling layout requires that you use border tiles to achieve a balanced look to the room, you will need to cut the tiles around the room’s perimeter. Our Genesis Revealed Edge ceiling tiles require a trim piece be glued onto the cut edge to hold the tile properly in the grid system. Instructions are below.
If your ceiling layout requires that you use border tiles to achieve a balanced look to the room, you will need to cut the tiles around the room’s perimeter. Our Genesis Revealed Edge ceiling tiles requires a trim piece be glued onto the cut edge to hold the tile properly in the grid system. Instructions are below.
- Cut border panels to size.
- Prepare back of panel to receive trim piece. Clean panel properly by removing any dirt, oil or dust on the cut panel’s edge.
- Apply LocTite Super Glue in a thin bead about 1/4″ in from the cut edge where the trim will be attached.
- Apply revealed edge trim to cut edge of the border panel as shown. Be sure to align properly with panel’s edge. Trim edge piece at an angle if desired. Apply pressure along the entire trim and panel joint to assure proper adhesive bond.
- Place border tile into grid and repeat until all border tiles are in place. Note: Revealed Edge Trim piece is not intended to support weight other than the tile itself. Insulation, for example, can cause trim piece to become unattached.